Friday, December 23, 2005

T. O(ne).

Philadelphia is, if you don't know, a big football town, one of its many faults. (Clearly, any city that has its sports priorities in perspective will worship baseball first. See: St. Louis, Boston.) Last year, when they were in the Super Bowl and nearly everyone was on the bandwagon, there was a slogan on all kinds of merchandise: "One," shown over a graphic of the city skyline with the Eagles logo, with the words "One Team. One City. One Dream." Last evening, coming out of a hockey game, I saw a vendor with a variation on the shirt, with an image of Terrell Owens superimposed over the city skyline, and the words "One Team. One City. One Asshole." I believe that I was still laughing a half-hour later...

I was considering buying one, save for the fact that T.O. would probably seek me out next year and ask for more money for the privilege of wearing his image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home