Monday, April 24, 2006

(Blog That) You Love Camden In The Springtime

While blogging doesn't tend to have many traditional benefits, such as (let me put on my Rex Morgan, MD phrasing hat here) HEALTH INSURANCE or, in my case, readership, I was alerted via print media to this valuable free offer:

Blogger alert. On the third weekend in May, a notebook, a URL, and a good pitch could get you into Camden's waterfront attractions for a little viral-marketing experiment.
About 200 bloggers will be given weekend passes to the Riversharks baseball games, the "Big Guns" exhibition at the Battleship New Jersey, and the "Shark Realm" at the Adventure Aquarium. The only requirement is that they blog about their experiences.
Real bloggers - this means you need to have actually blogged before - should make their case by May 12 to aquarium p.r. guy Bill Larson,
blarson@AdventureAquarium.com.

Yes, folks, an active blog and the willingness To Write For Free Entertainment can win you a free weekend of attractions in Camden, New Jersey. (No truth to the rumor that those not selected for this program win TWO free weekends of attractions.) But seriously, folks, while I've never been to the Battleship New Jersey, I hear it's an interesting tour, and the Aquarium has been recently updated and is fun as well. My personal favorite, given my baseball bent, would be the Riversharks tix -- they play in the independent Atlantic League, so you can be guaranteed that no one is on the field for any reason other than they love the game and are looking for a shot to latch on with a big-league organization. You see a lot of young players who may have been undrafted and/or cut from the minor leagues, trying to catch the eye of a major league team, as well as veterans hanging on for a summer call-up -- luminaries such as Rickey Henderson and Jose Canseco were in the league in recent years. If nothing else, you can't beat the price, from tickets down to concessions and parking; there are lots of contest drawings and on-field entertainment to keep everyone's interest; and the location of the stadium is absolutely fabulous, at the base of the Ben Franklin Bridge with a view across the Delaware River of the Philly skyline:


This all being said, I don't know that I will be participating in the festivities; we have weekend guests that weekend, plus tickets to see the Red Sox vs. the Phillies, and frankly, if one can believe SiteMeter (and I have no reason not to), I would be hard-pressed to demonstrate that I'm a real blogger. But I'll be keeping an eye out for other Mid-Atlantic bloggers...

6 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Max and Me said...

Great blog...i am delighted to have stumbled upon it this evening!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger J.Po said...

Thanks, meander...like yours as well! Welcome to the, well, tens of people who visit here regularly...

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Max and Me said...

i will defintely visit often! that sure is a big glass in your hand!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home