Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Move Over, Sliced Bread


There's a new King Of Inventions in town.

I speak, of course, of the new OXO Mango Splitter.

A mango splitter, you say? OK, so maybe I should be excited more over red convertibles or trophy wives ("but Mrs. Po IS my trophy wife," I respond) at this point in my life, but I do have a perverse fascination with really cool kitchen gadgets. So when I read of this wonderful tool in the food section of the local paper, I thought of the many hours, seeming like days, of trying to manually clean mangoes and rushed out to the local kitchen store to buy one.

It's amazing. Absolutely freaking amazing. Slide the splitter down over the mango, and you have two ready-to-be-easily-scored halves and only a little bit of trimming around the seed, should you want to maximize your mango dollar. About a minute of work and you're off to your own personal Mango Episode...and the time saved could be added on to your half-hour with Elaine Benes.

(Mr. Po received no compensation from OXO for this testimonial, but he would welcome a little of your mango, if you're willing to share. The mention of 11% off is not an offer to sell the Mango Splitter at a discount, but simply my laziness in grabbing the first photo I could find on the Web.)


OK, I'm off for a mango, and then off in the car for a day of meetings...from which I'm sure I'll be back with a wealth of new ideas. Blog ideas from driving, that is. I think my best thinking takes place in the car and in the shower.

Thinking is one of two things I can think of that can be done in the car and the shower... :)

5 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger yellojkt said...

I dare not let my wife know there is a kitchen gadget we do not have. Particularly since we love mangoes.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Impetua said...

I am not in at the moment, as I have rushed out to buy myself one of them newfangled mango peelers.

Mangos are proof that God is benevolent and loves us beyond measure. Especially when the big yummy ones are on sale.

I cannot help but sit in a fog of wonderment at the thought that I was fully 27 years old before having the opportunity to sample such an earthly delight.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger J.Po said...

Thanks for visiting, impetua. Hope you enjoy the mango slicer! How quickly "mango enjoyment" turns into "mango addiction"...

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Cynnie said...

I'm in the land of mango..we just eat them like an apple , spitting out the peeling.,,messy and yummy beyond belief!
but as luck would have it ..I'm allergic

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home