Monday, October 16, 2006

Me? I'd Rather Be Driving

For what it's worth, in my long-awaited Kingdom, I would have the power to immediately vaporize any vehicle in front of me with license plate frame or bumper sticker that says "I'd Rather Be Golfing," "I'd Rather Be Flying," or any of the RatherBe ilk. If you'd truly rather be doing one of these things, do us ALL a favor and get the f**k off the road, OK? Some of us are actually driving and would like you to focus on the same.

I saw one yesterday that said "I'd Rather Be in Whitefish, Montana." Knock yourself out, dude. Take the immediate next left and just keep on driving West.

Meanwhile, back at the Castle, Daughter #1 was home for the weekend. We've yet to get a handle on her academic progress, but her status as a member of Red Sox Nation is intact: shortly after getting in the car and hearing the sports come on the radio, she commented, "Cory Lidle flew a plane into a building. Stupid Yankees." It was a brief visit - some time with friends, a nice hit on the credit card at BJ's (primarily, beef jerky, bottled water, and fruit juice), and an unexplained ding in the side of Mrs. Po's car (which could have been, to be fair, unknown to her as well, as this car has proved itself in the past to emanate waves that say "Hit Me."). We're now back to normal at the homestead...

...Just in time to look at this morning's paper, in which one of the TV highlights (must be a bad, bad day for TV) is listed as follows:

Rachael Ray (10-11 am, Channel 6) - Actress Jessica Simpson; four roommates learn how to share a bathroom.

Dear Rachael: EVOO clearly now stands for Entertainment (or Educational, take your pick) Value Obviously Optional."

7 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Impetua said...

I'd rather be slaying Republicans.

I'd rather be falling down drunk.

I'd rather be searching for WMD.

I'd rather be asleep.

I'd rather be somebody else.

:) Why doesn't anybody make THOSE bumper stickers?

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger J.Po said...

Don't forget "I'd Rather Be Queen Of The World."

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Impetua said...

Oh but I already AM Queen of the World. :)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Impetua said...

... but you're right, OTHER people might want one... Always thinking, aren't you, O Mighty King?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger J.Po said...

Yes, let them think it's possible. We have to give Hope to the Minions.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger yellojkt said...

Four girls and one bathroom is a recipe for disaster. That sounds like a horror show, not a talk show.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Impetua said...

We bought our second house largely because it had two bathrooms. There are two of us (adults). No waiting!

I had a girlfriend in college who shared a very large house with five other women. They bought toilet paper every single time they went to the store, just on principle. And there was usually some on hand but not as much as you'd think. I'm sure there was more than one bathroom, but I bet it still got hairy every so often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home