Friday, June 09, 2006

Call me random...

...but just a few quick thoughts from the car yesterday (that, in retrospect, make me think I ought to check for carbon monoxide leaks in the passenger compartment):

  1. This could be a guy thing: is it just me, but don't you feel like you need a cold shower after listening to the Paula Cole song (from the "This Fire" CD) "Feelin' Love?"
  2. Starting the day with a dentist appointment pretty much ensures the rest of the day can only get better. (Follow-up: it really didn't, from a business sense, but I did get lunch at the Greenbrook, NJ Route 22 icon, Texas Weiner II, and later found a $20 bill in the bushes in front of my house, while cutting the grass.)
  3. How do the people who manufacture, market, and sell Hummers sleep nights?
  4. Were I King Of The World, the first power I would want is the ability to take away someone's driver's license, and impound his or her car, on the spot, for any reason I decide (in most cases, it would be because their driving ineptitude and/or attitude annoys me, though I wouldn't want to limit it to that), and leave him or her there in the middle of the freaking road. (Upon further thought, my first act would be to establish a King's Court of Zaftig Blondes to assist me in my royal needs and initiatives.)
  5. There is actually a company called "Hiny Hiders" that manufactures restroom stalls (excuse me, "solid plastic restroom partitions"). Were you to work for Hiny Hiders Inc., how could you answer the question "So, who do you work for?" with a straight face, or without embarrassment?

8 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger Cynnie said...

if I were the Kinggg of the Forrrrest..
I'd say bicycles for all!
get off your big fat lazy asses and pedal!..

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger J.Po said...

You know, Cynnie, I think you have what it takes to be my Minister of Transportation...

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Impetua said...

Oooh ooh, I want to be Minister of Something...

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger J.Po said...

Minister of Something? That position is open...maybe you shouldn't get those business cards printed just yet, impetua, since there still doesn't seem to be a groundswell of support to crown me King of the World.

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Impetua said...

You can be King of My World. We're all girls here in the utopian bliss of Chez Swamp (where Impetua resides) so we have no king. Well we do have a male cat but he is ... erm ... neutered. Assuming that you are more or less "intact," that makes you more Kingly than he is.

Obviously, the baby is our Queen, making me the Dowager or something. I'm a little fuzzy how it all works.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger J.Po said...

I would be honored, Queen Mum Impetua! God (and not the one who blesses only America) Save The Queen!

(You won't have a problem with the Court Of Zaftig Blondes, will you?)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Impetua said...

Why on Earth would I have a problem with the Court of Zaftig Blondes? Provided we have one of Leggy, Intelligent Redheads also, of course.

I'm thinking yellojkt could be Minister of Show Tunes.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger J.Po said...

The King is willing to share.

And I think yellojkt would be an excellent choice for All Things Stage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home