Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Is June over yet?

Last month, I commented how the end-of-school-year stuff was simply tuckering me out. But things just haven't gotten better in June. I'm not enumerating this stuff to brag, or to look like one of those overscheduling parents (because I am so NOT that way), but here's what the last couple and next week look like...

Sunday, June 11 - Daughter #2's state Girlchoir concert, downtown Philly
Monday, June 12 - Daughter #1's senior class awards presentation and lunch
Tuesday, June 13 - Daughter #1's high school graduation. Dinner for 14 at home follows.
Wednesday, June 14 - Try and get caught up on work, and prepare for weekend's graduation party.
Thursday and Friday, June 15 and 16 - out-of-town business trip. Back late Friday.
Saturday, June 17 - prep and deliver Daughter #2 for church youth group work camp.
Sunday, June 18 - Daughter #1's graduation party. Due to her naivete or the complete classlessness of those she invited, we planned for a lot more attendees than actually showed up, leaving us with enough food to feed Sudan for a week. Big blow-up when we tell her she cannot go out afterwards with two guests, who I don't know and who didn't make any effort to speak to us, who I'll refer to at the Slutty McSkank Twins.

So we're into a little lull now. Mrs. Po wrapping up the school year, contemplating a change that will put her into a classroom position next year. But wait - there's more!

Friday, June 23 - Daughter #2 returns from work camp.
Saturday, June 24 - Pseudo-daughter #3 (topic for another post) returns from medical school in Grenada. Mother-in-law to visit again, third time this month. (Note to self: how's that vodka supply holding up?) So much for that delayed Fathers' Day celebration.
Sunday, June 25 - Girlchoir concert and picnic. I've been volunteered to cook.
Monday, June 26 - Pseudo-daughter #3 returns to Bosnia for the summer.
Wednesday, June 28 - Daughter #2 leaves for Girlchoir tour to Pacific Northwest.
Thursday, June 29 - I celebrate (?) my Closest-To-But-Not-Yet-50th Birthday.

So, can you understand why I'm really looking forward for the calendar to turn to July?

3 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger yellojkt said...

That's a busy June. These graduation related activities get to be a bit much. At least daughter #1 isn't going to the beach for a week to get likkered and tattooed. That's the graduation activity of choice in MD.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Impetua said...

Dang, Po, I been waiting for a new post and now I see why it's been so long coming.

If your MIL is anything like mine, vodka won't be enough. Are there laws against mailing you some of my happy syrup? Because you sound like you need it more than I do.

Kidding, I know there are umpteen laws, I just thought I'd offer my solidarity... I wrote a post about my MIL after Thanksgiving of last year in case you're interested. :)

Good luck on keeping July sane. And happy almost birthday, you young buck you.

Respectfully,
the Dowager Queen

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger J.Po said...

Yello - while down in Annapolis, my counterpart there mentioned that his daughter just returned safely (and presumably untattooed and non-pierced) from a week in Ocean City...thankfully we did dodge THAT bullet. (I am still kicking myself, though, for not thinking at stopping at Bare Bones for some ribs on the way back home. What was I thinking??)

To my Most Serene Highness, Queen Impetua -- maybe vodka and Happy Syrup might do the trick? A friend suggested a thorazine patch but I fear the shuffling might give it away. I'll have to check your post. My MIL is well-intentioned but simply can't let a moment of blissful silence go by without some kind of chatter. Regardless of the weather this weekend, I may just have to get my bike out and ride, say, 40 miles...

Hope you are on the way toward regaining full use of both lungs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home