Monday, November 06, 2006

Signs of No Life

So Mrs. Po and I are at the local supermarket late yesterday afternoon, picking up an item that we needed to make dinner, and while we're in the checkout line, I look toward the end of the conveyor and say:

"Oh, look, the Super Fresh has a new design on their grocery bags!"

Followed shortly thereafter by:

"Oh. My. God. How pathetic has my life become?"

Well, I suppose the good news is that it's not as pathetic as those who think Rachael Ray is a gourmet chef. The Philadelphia Inquirer's Diane Heller has a spot-on dig at Rachael, her Food Network companions (including the unwatchable Paula Deen, who takes five syllables to say the word "oil"), and those who feel that their work is nouvelle cuisine, here.

Let the record state that I was NOT buying Hamburger Helper, but sliced bamboo shoots in order to make homemade Hot and Sour Soup with shrimp (which was quite good, if I do say so myself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home